With full back coverage and a racer strap finish, this simple style is easy to put on and take off. Features a low leg, single strap bind with Funkita embroidered logo and full front lining, with 'Mermaid in Training' printed on the front. Available in sizes 1 - 6.
Made for mermaids in training the Fairy Fin will help you hold your breath and dive underwater. It’s the print you need when the water becomes your second home.
See Sizing Guide Here
What is C-Infinity?
C-Infinity is a polyester fabric that is used exclusively in Funky Trunks and Funkita swimwear. It has exceptional strength and can retain its durability far beyond other elastane swimwear fabrics. It is ideal for frequent pool use for recreational and performance based swimming. It generates high definition colour results after printing, has exceptional chlorine resistance, excellent elasticity to maintain its shape and offer firm compression, has a soft handle and is quick drying and highly breathable. It also offers 50+ UV sun protection. C-Infinity is a premium polyester that is milled in Italy and if cared for properly will provide excellent use over a prolonged period of time.
Are your swimwear products chlorine resistant?
Yes, our swimwear range utilises our exclusive C-Infinity fabric which is constructed from a superior quality polyester. The fabric contains no elastane which is the component of elastane-based swimwear that breaks down in chlorinated water.
Do your swimwear products offer UV protection?
Yes, our polyester fabric has a UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) of 50+, which means 97.5 - 98% of UV radiation is blocked by the fabric. To find out what a UPF rating means click here The product I want is unavailable.
How should I care for my swimwear?
Our swimwear garments are made from a durable polyester fabric however it is important that they are looked after like any garment that you wish to keep for a long time. Here are a few tips:
- Always rinse your swimwear in clean water, or wash with a mild detergent after every use.
- Dry your swimwear in the shade as the damaging rays of the sun will deteriorate the fabric quicker. Don’t leave your swimwear rolled in a wet towel all day and expect it to live a long life!
- Avoid excessive chlorine as high degrees of any chemical will result in bleaching of the colour and will destroy the fabric and garment stitching.
- Avoid regular spas as the combination of heat and chlorine will deteriorate your swimwear more rapidly.
- Avoid contact with sunscreens, perfume, deodorant, tanning products and excessive perspiration. These can all cause staining and age your swimwear. The oils in these products can deteriorate elastic so ensure you rinse your swimwear thoroughly after use.
- Rough surfaces cause snagging and wear-and-tear to your swimwear. If you use a waterslide, lie on concrete, slide off the edge into a pool you will cause pilling of the fabric. If you slide along the footpath in your best Sunday suit it will get damaged and your swimwear is no different.
- Remove any trapped sand by gently running your fingernail over your swimwear.
- Do not iron or tumble dry your swimwear.
- If your swimwear has a drawcord pull the cords together to tighten rather than away from each other, otherwise you may rip the drawcord holes.
Last sizes - 1 & 2 years